Priyaz Creations

Priyaz Creations

Monday, March 30, 2015

Quilling Project 6: Birthday gift for my chaddi buddy Niharika

It was my chaddi buddy Niharika's birthday this month. She is not only my friend but also one of the biggest patrons of my creativity. She has always supported me, encouraged me and pushed me to indulge more and more in various art forms. She is the one who gave me the most memorable birthday gift this year, a huge, colossal stock of crafting supplies!!! 

I wanted to gift her something special too. Something she might cherish all her life while at the same time will show my gratitude for everything she has done for me. So I decided to make a jewellery box for her in shape of a birthday cake!

I made it entirely out of handmade paper using cardboard only as the cake base. The walls of the box and the cover is made of only handmade paper. I have used the kind of handmade paper which she had introduced me to (click here to know the story), the quilling strips and paper doily are from the stock which she gave me on my birthday.









A lot of elements of this box were inspired by Lulupu's March 2015 moodboard:


The soft pastel colors of my box were inspired from pastel colors of the french macarons, wreath and the pic of the photoframe.
The flowers on my box were inspired by the flowers in the vase.
The idea of making a "Birthday Cake" shape of the box and the quillography on my box were inspired by the Happy Birthday sentiment in the mood board. Of course, there are no birthday celebrations without a birthday cake.
The idea of doing the number 31 in white color was inspired by the digit 3 in the moodboard.
There are a number of ways in which I have included number "3":
  1. Luckily it was Niharika's 31st birthday so no. 3 itself was included.
  2. I have used only 3 colors, blue, white and pink.
  3. I have made 3 sets of 3 flowers each. 

I am entering it in IQCG # 14 - Box It Up! I am also entering this creation in Lulupu's 3rd Birthday special challenge to celebrate her birthday and to honor her patronage of my creativity! WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! Wishing happy birthday to Lulupu too! May both of you celebrate many more birthdays in future and have lots of success!!!

PS: This creation of mine is chosen to be one of the toppers in IQCG # 14 - Box It Up!


7 comments:

  1. Wow !!!! so much of hardwork Priya! Loved the box..Thanks for joining us in Lulupu Birthday Challenge !:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation Dolly!
      Cheers!

      -Priyanka Srivastava

      Delete
  2. lovely quilled box!! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the kind words Manu. :-)

      Cheers!

      -Priyanka Srivastava

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful quilled box Priya! Thanks so much for joining us at the Lulupu Birthday Bash! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the love Tanvi!
      Cheers!

      -Priyanka Srivastava

      Delete